Monday 11 February 2008

Oh man, it's kind of been awhile since I've posted, and I didn't really do a good job talking about Paris, but I wanted to talk about some of the highlights of the last week or so.

Last Wednesday we had a group excursion to Oxford, which was amazing. Oxford is so pretty! There are all these lovely little shops, I went into Blackwell's art and poster shop and wanted to buy all the prints and postcards they had. The Ashmolean museum is small, but has several great exhibits. There was one of a bunch of Chinese prints that were truly beautiful. There were old violins and harpsichords, which were really cool, because they're some pieces of art I haven't seen much of in the museums I've been to. Hailey and I accidently went into Merton College in Oxford and walked around an area we weren't really supposed to be in, but it was worth it. The campuses are just so beautiful, and hard to describe with words.

On Thursday night some of us girls went to a play called Woman in Black. We went last week because it's about to end and a few others went and loved it. It's a really different type of play--supposed to be scary. And it was. I definitely screamed quite a bit, along with others in the theatre. I was just glad that Abbie and Hailey were willing to hold hands. Haha.

Friday started out with really nice weather, and it continued all weekend. It was sunny and not too cold, so I spent all of Friday and Saturday outside, playing football (soccer) with others, reading in the park, running and strolling around outside and in the parks.

Sunday was a nice end to the weekend because we got to church in an hour, which is king of amazing. It's the first time the line that is our only direct route was open on the way to church, so we were early and had a nice sacrament meeting and such. I really like my sunbeams, they're so fun. We went outside for part of our lesson, which was about the creations Heavenly Father made for us because He loves us.

To end my post, today Rocky and I went with Chris--the 14 year old son of Professor Hoffman--to volunteer at an after-school homework program. He is helping as his Eagle project, so a lot of us signed up to help on different days. It was fun and felt good to be involved in part of the community while I'm here.

No comments: