Thursday 24 January 2008

having a lovely time

This has been a good week so far. Monday started with my Shakespeare class in the morning, which was really good. I love listening to Professor Talbot talk. Sometimes we’ll be in the library or living room and he’ll just come in and start talking, telling us about things like his favorite pieces of information about Westminster Abbey or his dilemma about a class. Whatever he’s talking about, though, it’s a story. Everything is just one big fascinating story that connects back to other things. He’s a great teacher.

On Tuesday I was finally off of kitchen duty so I was able to go running after I ate breakfast and I did some laundry and reading before my sociology class. Since we are talking about crime, deviance and corrections, it’s pretty interesting. It was kind of funny; we were talking about the British police system and Kaleb raised his hand and informed us that there were four bobbies questioning a couple young men outside the window. We watched the officers pat down the guys and talk to them and let one go, then the other. It was cool to watch.

On Wednesday a big group of us went to the park to play soccer, or rather, football. It was really fun, especially when we lost a couple people and the field was a little less crowded. It was really muddy so everyone ended up covered in it, and since we were all wearing tennis shoes, we were sliding all over the place. It was a lot of fun to do something together where we could all be rambunctious and loud. Wednesday continued nicely as Abbie, Hailey, Kaleb and I went to Natural History Museum to do some drawing. We spent a while drawing, then enjoyed some of the exhibits before dinner. After dinner the whole group saw the comedy "The Importance of Being Earnest" together. It was funny and we had a good time.

Today we went to British Museum for the drawing class to work on a new technique, gesture drawing. I went to the British Museum, but I really liked it, so it was nice to go back. We actually were drawing in the same area that I specifically enjoyed last time. I’m off to the British Library since I haven’t been there yet, and I’m excited to spend some there by myself.

No comments: