Monday 14 January 2008

A case of the Mondays? not so

Today was the first day of classes. This morning was the Shakespeare class, taught by Professor Talbot. Talbot is hilarious; he has a very dry sense of humor. I thought three hours was going to be really hard to get through, but actually it was great. We had just one five-minute break, but the time went by really very quickly. I’m hoping my other classes are similar.

After my class I went to the British Museum. It was really cool; I saw a lot of Greek and Roman artifacts and some from Central America. The British Museum is huge, so I didn’t see everything although I was there for a few hours. I’m looking forward to seeing artifacts from African history, since that section was closed today. Also, there is a special exhibition right now with the terra cotta army from China. Exhibitions generally aren’t free so I decided to wait and go back with a few others.

Also I found some wellies! Some of the other girls found a store that has a bunch. It’s too bad they don’t have any plain ones, but it’ll be okay.

I had my first day on kitchen crew, so i helped get dinner ready and clean up afterwards. It's not too bad, and we all have to do our part I guess. We also had FHE. My group had it with the Ostraff family, one of the professors' families that are here--they're so much fun. The little girl, Hannah, is funny and sweet, and will always give me hug.

No comments: